St. Paul Trash Video Contest
To help publicize the issues presented by our St. Paul Trash Lawsuit we are holding a video contest, seeking the submission of original videos by anyone who is interested in participating.
Who Sponsors the Contest?
We are an all-volunteer group of St. Paul residents who, in 2018, collected more than 6000 signatures in support of a referendum petition seeking the citizens’ right to a ballot vote on the City’s new trash plan. We are not affiliated with any business or political party.
As a group of citizens who seek to place an issue on the upcoming November 5, 2019, citywide election ballot, we are considered a Political Action Committee (PAC) and are subject to PAC reporting requirements.
The purpose of our PAC is to raise the funds needed to pursue the referendum lawsuit against the City. This lawsuit seeks the right to a ballot vote in order to return our residents to a lower cost trash collection system; support the rights of low and zero wasters to share or opt-out of unnecessary trash services; and eliminate the unused plastic carts clogging our alleys and garages.
Video Contest Guidelines:
1. Review information on the stpaultrash.com website, to make sure you understand the trash issue and the goals of St. Paul Trash Lawsuit.
2. Satirical, humorous, or serious takes on the subject of St. Paul’s current trash policy are encouraged!
3. To be eligible, your video must address the information in the guidelines, and must not run for more than 5 minutes.
4. Eligibility is limited to original works which have never been previously published or submitted for other contests. One entry per videographer may be submitted.
5. All footage, including music, must be originally created material or you must obtain proper legal permission to use someone else’s copyrighted material.
6. Entries will be void if they are incomplete, late, lost, damaged, or are not able to be viewed due to technical error.
7. St. Paul Trash and its designees reserve the right to reject entries that are considered inappropriate for the contest. Further, it reserves the right to reject submissions based on video quality or content that does not accurately reflect the trash issue or the goals of St. Paul Trash. Note: St. Paul Trash will not use any video material from entries it has rejected for any of its promotions.
8. St. Paul Trash reserves the right (a) to suspend or cancel the competition in its sole discretion; (b) to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation date; and (c) further reserves the right to modify the rules of the competition in any way or at any time, as long as reasonable notice is given.
9. No entries will be returned.
10. As consideration for St. Paul Trash PAC Committee’s efforts to organize and promote this contest, the contest participant agrees to give St. Paul Trash (PAC), including its designees, full, irrevocable permission to use any video submitted, including the right to reproduce, display, and adapt the contestant’s video submission. This includes the right to publish or disseminate any names, photographs, or video submissions for advertising, publicity or promotional purposes.
Plan to submit a video?
Please let us know of your interest by June 15, 2019.
In order for us to gauge the community participation, we ask that anyone who intends to submit a video, send an email to email@example.com, and let us know that you plan to submit a video.
Deadline for submission:
All entries must be received by 5 pm, July 31, 2019
To Submit Your Video Electronically:
- Upload your video to YouTube. Be sure the privacy settings for the video are public or unlisted (but not private). You will need to follow the Community Guidelines and make sure you are wholly compliant and consistent with the YouTube Terms of Service. Any entries that don’t comply will be disqualified. Please note: YouTube is NOT a sponsor of this contest.
- Send an email with (a) your video link; (b) your Video Contest Entry form; and (c) Video Participant Permission forms for anyone who appears in the video, or contributed to the video, to:
To Submit Your Video by U S Mail:
Send a copy of video (DVD or USB flash drive) and all entry forms to:
St. Paul Trash Lawsuit
P. O. Box 16401
St. Paul, MN 55116
Mailed submissions must be received by Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
1st prize: $250 to participating film maker
2nd prize: $125 to participating film maker
3rd prize: $75 to participating film maker
All winners will be notified no later than August 10, 2019. A complete list of winners along with a video clip of the winning submissions will be posted on the St. Paul Trash website: www.stpaultrash.com
All decisions will be final.
Copyrights and Permissions
1. The videographer who submits the work as its creator (the contestant) will continue to own the copyright to his or her work, but grants St. Paul Trash, including its designees, an irrevocable license to use the work submitted. The license granted to St. Paul Trash includes the right to make adaptations, reproduce and display the submitted work in perpetuity. The contestant agrees to waive any and all claims for copyright infringement against St. Paul Trash for its use of the video submission.
2. All video participants, including the videographer who creates the video, all actors, musicians, and anyone whose image or sound is included within the submission, must turn in a signed permission Contest Entry/Waiver and Release Form along with the video. Your permission allows us to promote the contest and spread the word on the St. Paul trash issue through the use of your video submission. Please make sure to have everyone who appears on the screen fill out the video waiver and release form.
3. The Contest Entry/Waiver and Release Form is available for download.
The St. Paul Trash Lawsuit PAC, including its designees, reserves the right to show and use any prize-awarded contest submission for educational, internet or publicity purposes.
SUBMISSION OF WORK INDICATES ACCEPTANCE OF ALL CONDITIONS AND RULES LISTED ABOVE
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : stpaultrash.com